The Friends of St Matthew’s (FoSM) are a smallish group who meet on the first Tuesday in each month at 2 pm in the Fellowship Room at St Matthew’s church. Each month there is a visiting speaker providing a very varied and interesting range of topics. The meeting concludes with tea and biscuits, usually finishing about 3.15 pm. We meet together for companionship and also hold fund raising events for our church and also for charitable donations to organisations outside church. Visitors are always welcome, even if only for the occasional meeting.
The meetings planned are:
- Tuesday 6 November – Christmas Owls – Heather Vicars
- Tuesday 4 December – Christmas Party
- Tuesday 8 January – Children of Honduras Trust – Jennifer Cox
- Tuesday 5 February – Benjamin Disraeli and the Primrose League – Peter Taylor
- Tuesday 5 March – Kill or cure! – Joan Ward
- Tuesday 2 April – The Hazards of the Boards – Jean Gemmell
- Tuesday 7 May – Umbrella – Ann Rowland
- Tuesday 4 June – Purl one, knit one – Sue Sprigg
- Tuesday 2 July – Cream Tea and chat
We also have a group who meet about once a month for a craft morning.