The Friends of St Matthew’s (FoSM) are a smallish group who meet on the first Tuesday in each month at 2 pm in the Fellowship Room at St Matthew’s church. Each month there is a visiting speaker providing a very varied and interesting range of topics. The meeting concludes with tea and biscuits, usually finishing about 3.15 pm. We meet together for companionship and also hold fund raising events for our church and also for charitable donations to organisations outside church. Visitors are always welcome, even if only for the occasional meeting.
The meetings planned are:
- Tuesday 7 November – Hands on Christmas Decorations – Heather Vicars
- Tuesday 5 December – Christmas Party
- Tuesday 2 January – Life begins at 60 – Joan Ward
- Tuesday 6 February – Canine Partners – Libby Roome
- Tuesday 6 March – Beetle drive – John and Ann Worthy
- Tuesday 3 April – Books, a lifetime passion – Julie Barham
- Tuesday 1 May – Poems – Helen Monk
- Tuesday 5 June – Purl one, knit one – Sue Sprigg
- Tuesday 3 July – Cream Tea and chat
We also have a group who meet about once a month for a craft morning.